Monday, March 15, 2010

Yum Yum

We had a fantastic lunch at the same place we celebrated our wedding dinner-A casa de Ana in Pontevedra. The night of the wedding we didn't really get the chance to enjoy the meal with all the festivities, so I was happy to go back and really eat! We had a few of the same dishes we ordered at the wedding for starters this time-a pasta salad and boquerones (like anchovies-I know for an American that doesn't sound great, but you have to try them when you come to Spain they're fabulous a light delicate flavor marinated in olive oil, a vinagrette, garlic, and salt.) The salad is sooo good that we decided to make it at home this weekend-and it turned out delicioso and soo easy! It's perfect for a light dinner on a warm night with a glass of white wine. Here's how to make it:
  • A few handfulls of you favorite salad mix-I'm loving Lambs Lettuce (canonigos in Spanish)
  • Half a red pepper chopped
  • a sprinkling of raisins-
  • a few little crab meat sticks chopped
  • about 2-3 fresh slices of bacon (cut into bits after cooked)
  • half a package of cheese tortellini (cooked and still warm)
  • freshly grated Grand Padano cheese
  • Oilve oil
  • Modena Vinegar
  • Sea salt
  • Italian spices.

Mix it all together! the combination of hot (bacon and pasta) and the cold and salty and sweet is sooo wonderful! Enjoy! ps...I love the idea of a salad garden. The one pictured above is from Real Simple. Maybe I'll plant one this weekend!

1 comment:

Mickey said...

yummy! I was just outside dreaming about planting my little garden! I can't wait. I wish i was with you guys eating at A casa de Ana, sounds so delish! I miss you guys!
xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails