Monday, May 3, 2010

Esperando

Gabo is my favorite writer. And there is no love story like that of Florentino and Fermina in Love in the Time of Cholera. A few years ago while waiting to get my tires changed I was flipping through a travel magazine and found the most beautiful article about Cartagena de Indias-setting of Love in the time of Cholora and other Gabo stories. I was sold. The yellow walls, the sea salt in the air, the bright colors of the market, and the world of Gabo come to life. It's been on my list of places to visit ever since. It looks like the secret is out


1 comment:

style-for-style said...

ahhhh, I wanted to go to, I looked into it and it was too expensive for this summer so that's why I picked Puerto Rico.
Maybe next summer?? the 4 of us??

Related Posts with Thumbnails