Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fresh

Hey snowbirds...hope the snowday in the states has been restful and warm and creative and productive inside your cozy homes. I've been working...but before lunch, since it was a beautiful day here, I took a walk through the Praza de Abastos to buy an avocado for lunch and dinner. The market was buzzing today, surprising to me as usually it's busy Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings. The fish stalls were packed and everything looked so bright and fresh...and strangely enough I even caught myself thinking..."yummmm"!Anyway, I really wanted to finally share this funny milk machine. I guess getting the cow to the city is difficult, so instead, for 30 cents you can get a reusable class glass milk bottle to fill with a liter of fresh dairy milk for 1 euro. It was closed today...but I'm thinking maybe Friday we can take the night off and wake up early Saturday morning to try it out. Have you ever seen one of these?

Also, I know Mr. Groundhog Phil didn't see his shadow (good news for you blizzard folk) and supposedly winter will be shorter...and in Spain legend of the Candelaria holds that if it is sunny on Febeuary 2, winter will be longer (bad news for us and our electric bill). But I think the French get it better than all of us celebrating today with a crepe party! Now you know what to make for dinner!
****
Hola guapas...espero que las de EEUU esteís pasando un día de nieve genial productivas creativas, tranquilas, y calientitas en casita. Yo trabajé todo el día, pero pasé por la Praza de Abastos antes de comer para aprovechar del solazo que hacía y comprar un aguacate. El mercado tenía bastante vida hoy, me sorprendió porque los días con más gente son los martes, jueves, y sábados. Los vendedores de pescado y mariscos tenían muchísimo producto y todo tan fresco y bonito que hasta me encontré a mi misma pensando en lo rico que se veía todo!

Pero, lo que realmente quería enseñaros es la graciosa máquina de leche. Me supongo que traer una vaca a la ciudad podría ser difícil, entonces pagando 30 centimos compras una botella de vidrio y por un euro la llenas con leche fresca de la máquina. Hoy estaba cerrada, pero igual podemos levantarnos para aprovechar el mercado el sábado. ¿Habíais visto una de estas máquinas alguna vez?

También, sé que Sr. Marmota Phil vio su sombra por lo cual significa que el invierno americano durará poco (suerte para vosotras!), y también otra leyenda español de la Candelaría dice que un día de sol el 2 de febrero es un invierno largo (malo para nosotros), pero lo mejor de todos en lo que celebran los franceses hoy...día de la crepe! Ya sabéis lo que hay que cenar hoy...

1 comment:

Mickey said...

I love this! That milk machine looks um weird. Lemme know how it works out. Di Di I wear size 40 in shoes silly! hahaha
p.s I'm still waiting for the package in the mail, but I tink it will be here sooon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails