Tuesday, August 17, 2010

sweet and salty

Maybe I'm way behind on this trend...but this spring in Madrid I tried popcorn ice-cream and loved it, a subtly salty goodness with the sweet cream was great. Since I've been home I've been browsing through all my mom's magazines and saw the idea for a popcorn sundae...yikes, looked too good. If you can't get the popcorn ice-cream you can always try it like this: vanilla ice-cream, sprinkled with popcorn (and maybe some peanuts), and drizzled with caramel sauce. Man, I really need to detox after all the crazy americana foods we're loving...

1 comment:

Emily said...

That looks SO GOOD! My favorite ice cream in SF is from this place called Humphry Slocombe. They always have CRAZY flavors like Bourbon & Cornflakes, or Salt & Pepper. My favorite though is Chocolate Sea Salt. The combination of salty and sweet is irresistible!

They have some of their flavors online, it's fun to read through them.

http://www.humphryslocombe.com/|_Flavors_|.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails