Friday, July 17, 2009

Transatlantic


Leaving Michigan was difficult this time. I had been home for about a month and a half, D and his bro were in town for a month. I spent the time seeing my dearest friends enjoying and celebrating new phases of life...weddings, marriages, pregnancy, babies. I saw family that I haven't seen in years, some because they are a plane ride away, others because life takes us in different directions. I spent more time with my sister than I have in the last few years. My mom's house was filled with laughter and voices...and sometimes drama, haha. It was a wonderful time and I am so thankful for every moment.
Getting to the airport in Detroit was difficult. Leaving everything a continent away filled my eyes with tears. But, getting on the plane, arriving back to my new home-my and Diego's new home, I was filled with excitement. We are also so blessed to have friends and family waiting for us here, and to have the adventure of making this new trans-atlantic life together. D's back to work today-I'm off to paint our bedroom- and now the most exciting part comes...waking up together each day...making new plans...living new adventures...enjoying every person and every moment just like we did there...but now, in a new way, here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails